Spiced Honey Cake
One of the best teatime treats around! A delicious light and moist cake which can be whipped up in no time.
You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes! (see photo)
- 250 g (10oz) Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 100 g (4oz) butter/margarine (softened)
- 100 g (4oz) soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp ground mixed spice
- 100 ml honey (or syrup)
- 150 ml water
- Preheat oven at 170ºC /340ºF /Gas mark 3
- Place the butter/margarine and sugar in a large bowl, beat well until light and creamy in colour
- Combine the Juvela Low Protein Mix with the bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice
- Stir together the syrup/ clear honey and water and add to the creamed mixture with the dry ingredients, beat well until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the batter to a greased 15 cm (6 inch) round cake tin or 8-10 cupcake cases. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minuntes, until well risen and firm to touch.
- Cool on a wire rack
Juvela Cooking Tips: if desired they may be lightly brushed with honey, whilst still hot.