Winter Fruit Loaf
Full of juicy sultanas, currants and orange peel with mixed spices, this delicious homemade loaf is a real treat for this winter. Simply toasted and served with your favourite spread, or try it with honey for a melting, mouth watering treat.
This recipe works very well in the breadmaker too!
- 1 pk Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 1 sachet dried yeast (supplied with Mix)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g (8oz) mixed dried fruit
- 2 tbsp mixed spice (or just cinnamon)
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) warm water (pleasantly warm to touch-further water may need to be added to obtain a smooth batter)
- 3 tbsp honey (optional) (warmed, for glazing )
- Preheat oven to 220 ⁰C/425⁰F/ Gas Mark 7
- Combine the Mix, yeast and salt in a bowl and stir in oil. Add the dried fruits and mixed spice/cinnamon and water and beat together thoroughly by hand or with an electric mixer (medium speed) for 4-6 minutes until a thick smooth batter is formed.
- Half fill two lightly greased loaf tins. Smooth the surface and lightly grease the top with extra vegetable oil.
- Leave in a warm place for 30 minutes to prove and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. If desired, brush the loaves with honey.