Winter Fruit Loaf (for breadmaker)
Full of juicy sultanas, currants and orange peel with mixed spices, this delicious homemade loaf is a real treat for this winter. Simply toasted and served with your favourite spread, or try it with honey for a melting, mouth watering treat.
This recipe works very well in the breakmaker too!
- 1 pk Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried yeast (sachet of dried yeast supplied with Mix)
- 400 ml warm water
- 200 g (8oz) mixed dried fruit
- 2 tsp mixed spice (or just cinnamon)
- 3 tbsp honey (optional) (warmed, for glazing baked loaf)
- Place the water, oil and salt in the bread pan. Add the Mix and sprinkle in the sugar followed by the yeast.
- Place the bread pan in the breadmaker and select the basic*programme.
- Add the dried fruits and mixed spice/cinnamon once the mixing blade starts to mix, use a rubber/plastic spatula to incorporate any Mix from the sides of the pan.
- When the programme has finished, leave to cool slightly before removing from the pan. The mixing blade may stay in the loaf- take care when removing it as it will be hot.
*If you have a Panasonic breadmaker, we advise you to select the basic rapid programme which is 1 hour 55mins (not the rapid bake which is different). We recommend the basic rapid, because the ‘normal’ basic programme has a ‘rest’ period which is unnecessary when making low-protein bread. To get to the basic rapid programme, you need to press ‘select’ button followed by’ option’ button on the machine.
If you have a different breadmaker, we receommend using the basic or gluten free programme which is around 1 hour 55 mins to 2 hours.