Savoury and Sweet Bread Variations
Have you tried any of these tasty sweet and savoury loaf and roll variations? They are suitable for both handmade and breadmaker methods. Click here for breadmaker recipe.
- 1 pk Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast (measured from sachet supplied with Mix)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 400 ml warm water
- Preheat oven at 220⁰C/425⁰F/Gas Mark 7.
- Combine the Mix, yeast and salt in a bowl and stir in oil. Add the water and your choice of the variation/ingredient below, beat together thoroughly by hand or with an electric mixer (medium speed) for 4-6 minutes until a thick smooth batter is formed.
- Half fill lightly greased loaf tins OR Yorkshire pudding tins for making rolls. Smooth the surface and lightly grease the top, cover with a greased polythene bag.
- Leave in a warm place for 30 minutes to prove. Carefully remove polythene bag and bake in the preheated oven for:-
Loaves: 20-25 minutes
Rolls: 10- 15mins
You can adjust the ingredients (use more or less) according to your taste and preference.
Rich Fruit loaf
Add 200g (8oz) raisins/ sultanas/ mixed dried fruit, 2tsp mixed spice, 20g soft brown sugar
Cinnamon and Raisin Loaf
Add 1tsp cinnamon and 100g (4oz) raisins
Honey and Raisin Loaf
Add 3 tbsp honey and 100g (4oz) raisins
Raspberry and Cinnamon Loaf
Add 5 tbsp raspberry jam and 1 tsp cinnamon
Carrot and Ginger Loaf
Add 125g (5oz) finely grated carrots, 2tbsp finely glace ginger and 25g (1oz) soft brown sugar
Olive and Herbs Loaf
Add 75g (3oz) chopped olives and 2tsp mixed dried herbs
Sundried Tomato and Basil Loaf
Add 100g (4oz) chopped sundried tomato and 2 tsp dried/fresh chopped basil
Tomato and Olive Loaf
Add 3-4 tbsp tomato puree and 75g (3oz) chopped olives
Mushroom and Chive Loaf
Add 75g (3oz) chopped mushrooms, slightly softened in a little butter/margarine and 2tbsp chopped fresh/ dried chives