Christmas just wouldn't be the same without mince pies!
- 200 g (8oz) Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 50 g (2oz) hard margarine
- 50 g (2oz) lard
- cold water to mix (add in gradually)
- 400 g (10oz) Ready to use mincemeat* (refer to NSPKU dietary information for suitable brand)
- Icing sugar (optional) (for dusting)
- Place the Mix in a large bowl, cut the margarine and lard into small pieces and rub into the Mix until the texture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sufficient water to give a firm manageable dough.
- Roll out the dough on a surface lightly dusted with Juvela Mix and roll out 2/3 of the pastry and cut out rounds using a scone cutter to line tartlet tins.
- Place a tsp of mincemeat in each. Roll out remainder of pastry and cut out desired shapes e.g. stars for top of pies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Served warm dusted with icing sugar.