A simple muffin recipe with a festive twist - easy to make, bake and freeze!
- 200 g (8oz) Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 100 g (4oz) soft margarine
- 100 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120 ml water
- 2 tbsp mincemeat* (refer to NSPKU dietary information for suitable brand)
- 2 tsp mixed spice/ cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375 ºC/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the Juvela Mix along with the baking powder and the water and beat well until smooth and creamy
- Mix 2 – 3 tbsp of mincemeat along with 2-3 tsp mixed spice into the prepared sponge mixture.
- Divide between muffin cases and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned and firm to the touch.