Sweet Potato And Courgette Canapes
Tasty pop-in-the-mouth nibbles to impress guests with before dinner
- 100 g Juvela Low Protein Mx
- 25 g (1oz) hard margarine
- 25 g (1oz) lard
- cold water to mix (add in gradually)
- 1 Courgette (thickly liced)
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Making the pastry:
- Place the Juvela Low Protein Mix in a large bowl, cut the margarine and lard into small pieces and rub into the Mix until the texture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sufficient water to give a firm manageable dough.
- Roll out the dough on a surface lightly dusted with Juvela Mix and the pastry is now ready to use!
- Preheat oven to 190ºC /375ºF/ Gas Mark 5
- Roll out the pastry and cut out circles using a scone cutter just larger than the diameter of the sweet potato slices.
- Place the cut pastry onto a greased baking sheet and put a slice of sweet potato followed by a courgette slice on top of each pastry circle.
- Mix the oil and chopped parsley together and brush over each canapé. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is tinged brown and vegetables are cooked.