Apple and Blackberry Crumble
A classic pudding with a tangy apple and blackberry filling and a delicious crunchy topping.
Simply use other fruits such as peach or apple for a change!
- 100 g (4oz)Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 50 g (2oz) butter/margarine
- 50 g (2oz) caster sugar
- 200 g (8oz) cooking apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 100 g (4oz) blackberries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar ( for fruits)
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar (optional) (sprinkle over crumble)
1. Preheat the oven at 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5
2. Rub butter/margarine into the Mix until it resembles breadcrumbles, stir in the sugar to form the crumble mix
3. To make the filling, place the cooking apples in a pan with 1 tbsp water and sugar and cook for approx. 5 minutes, then add the blackberries and cook for a further 3 minutes until the fruit is soft.
4. Spoon the fruit into a lightly butter ovenproof dish and top with the crumble topping. If desired, sprinkle a tbsp of demerara sugar on top of the crumble mix.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.