Garlic, Onion and Rosemary Flatbread
A quick, easy and very tasty flatbread- great to serve with any of your favourite low-protein dishes! Also perfect for picnics and packed lunches.
The flatbread is suitable for freezing, make one and freeze the rest for later use.
- 1 pk Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 1 pk dried yeast (supplied with Juvela mix)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 ml (14fl oz) warm water
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (for brushing the dough )
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Mix together the JUVELA Low Protein Mix and the yeast in a large bowl. Stir in the oil, halve the garlic and halve the rosemary and add the water. Beat well until a smooth glossy batter is obtained.
- Place the mixture into a 36cm x 24cm (12” x 9”) swiss roll or roasting tin. Smooth the surface, brush evenly with olive oil and top with red onion and the remaining garlic and rosemary. Cover loosely with cling film and put in a warm place to prove for about 20 minutes or until the batter has doubled in size.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before you drizzle over with some olive oil.