Sweet Butternut Squash Casserole with herby dumplings
- 50 g (2oz) Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 25 g (1oz) shredded suet/lard
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- cold water to mix (add in gradually)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprike or chilli powder
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 400 g (16oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- Preheat oven at 180 ºC/ 350 ºF/ Gas Mark 4
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, then cook the onion and garlic until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and butternut squash and toss with the onion and spices for 2 minutes. Add the cumin seeds and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and vegetable stock, season and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile make the dumplings..
- Place the Juvela Mix into a bowl and add the suet/lard, mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Add enough water to make soft but not sticky dough.
- Pour the casserole into an ovenproof casserole dish. Place a small spoonful of the dumpling mix on top and bake in the preheated oven for a further 15 minutes.
Delicious served with low protein garlic bread. too