Sweet Potato Burger/Patty
These burgers/ patties are great hot or cold as a quick snack, packed lunch or part of a main meal.
They are great with sweet chilli sauce* (refer to NSPKU dietary information for suitable brand)
- 500 g (20oz) sweet potato (peeled, boiled, mashed and allow to cool)
- 1 celery stick (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp sandwich pickle* (*refer to NSPKU dietary information for suitable brand)
- 50 g (2oz) Juvela Low Protein breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- salt, pepper and mixed herbs for seasoning
- Juvela Bread Rolls to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven at 220⁰C /430⁰F/ Gas Mark 7.
- Mix the oil with breadcrumbs and cook in a saucepan until golden and crunchy. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato with the chopped vegetables. Add mustard, sandwich pickles, salt, pepper and herbs to the mixture. Mix well with a spoon.
- Shape into burgers/patty using your hands, then coat the patties with the crunchy breadcrumbs.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes OR pan fry for about 10-15mins.
These sweet potato patties can be served hot or cold. They make perfect sandwich fillings with a suitable sauce.
These are suitable for freezing