Most people only think of sweet crumbles. But this hearty dish combines the warmth of root vegetables with the texture of the crumble, making it a perfect dinner solution.
- 100 g (4oz) Juvela Low Protein Mix
- 50 g (2oz) butter/margarine
- 3 tbsp mixed fresh/dried herbs (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (for cooking vegetables)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 2 tomato (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/360ºF/ Gas Mark 4
2. Rub butter/margarine and chopped herbs into the Juvela Mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté until nicely browned and tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Place the vegetables on an ovenproof baking dish and spoon over the crumble mix, bake in the preheat oven for 10-15 minutes
5. For a nice golden brown finish, place the crumble under the grill for further 5-10 minutes.
Try using different combinations of 'free' vegetables such as mushroom, courgette, butternut squash, swede or parsnips.